Saturday, February 2, 2013

Spring too soon


Spring has sprung early here in Okinawa. Today is February 3rd, it's sunny and 69 degrees outside. This past week went pretty quickly, nothing of importance to report. Yesterday we rode our bikes down to Yaka beach and remembered why we dislike the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! Thanks for visiting my blog. I answered your question there, but I thought I'd visit here and give you a reply, just in case you didn't see it:

    You have to apply the same steps to each stitch count throughout your pattern. Once you know your new gauge, you go through your pattern and adjust for the number of stitches for each increase and decrease. Let's say you have to decrease a total of 6 stitches for a sleeve, and the previous gauge was 24 sts = 4 inches. That means that, if you decrease by 6 sts, you are decreasing by 1 inch. You need to figure out how many stitches in your new gauge will make one inch, and decrease by that number instead. I hope that helps! Try my new form link again if you have more questions, or reply here.

    ReplyDelete