Today was Terra's birthday. We had some neighbor kids over as well as her best friend from Kindergarten. Overall I think Terra had a good time. There always seems to be some ups and downs with getting kids together. "No don't squirt me!" at a water gun party was kind of strange for me to hear. Plus no one wanted to play in the sprinkler. Coming from the South this was a foreign concept for me. If there was a sprinkler anywhere, it didn't matter if it was yours or not you wanted to go run and play in it. I do suppose that Californian kids are used to swimming pools and the beach more than sprinklers. I have food for days because I over prepared. Luckily it all freezes beautifully. With that over I suppose 1st grade is the next big thing on our radar. School starts in just over two weeks. YIKES!
Friday, July 31, 2015
Terra is SIX!
Today was Terra's birthday. We had some neighbor kids over as well as her best friend from Kindergarten. Overall I think Terra had a good time. There always seems to be some ups and downs with getting kids together. "No don't squirt me!" at a water gun party was kind of strange for me to hear. Plus no one wanted to play in the sprinkler. Coming from the South this was a foreign concept for me. If there was a sprinkler anywhere, it didn't matter if it was yours or not you wanted to go run and play in it. I do suppose that Californian kids are used to swimming pools and the beach more than sprinklers. I have food for days because I over prepared. Luckily it all freezes beautifully. With that over I suppose 1st grade is the next big thing on our radar. School starts in just over two weeks. YIKES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment