Terra is registered to start school in August. Empresa Elementary school, which is only a few blocks away, a nice little walk. Our neighbors are welcoming (aside from the new ones who just moved in next door, last night, until midnight, with their yappy poodle...) and Terra has already met some kids her age. I'm thinking ahead and smiling about holidays and having a neighborhood that feels safe.
I've only made a cursory start at checking into work here, but so far no complaints. Just really going to focus on training myself for school and getting in shape. I got selected for E-7, which sounds great, but I am nervous because I could have it taken away if I don't succeed in the school I have to go to. I'm going to have to buckle down and really focus on what needs to be done. I have no idea when the school will start, but it should be sometime in 2015. I have time to worry about it, and time to get ready.
We are still waiting on our things to arrive from Okinawa, but we've made a few purchases in the mild disguise of Anniversary and Birthday presents. New couch, ottomans, bed for Terra, new kitchen hutch, etc. Things that we've needed, but were waiting on moving before we made the purchase. I'm happy with our purchases, and I hope they last us quite a long time.
We are doing our best to call family and pass on the new address, but if I haven't hit you yet just comment on here and I'll shoot you an e-mail. Apologies for being so scatterbrained.
Here are a few of the last pictures from Okinawa, hopefully will have some up shortly of the new home and our out and abouts.
Poooot!
This was at the salt making place
These goats were so sad looking and sick, but Terra wanted to feed a carrot
Lighthouse at Cape Zanpa
Coast view at Cape Zanpa
Terra likes to wear my "Captains Hat"
I think this was a rocket ship at the time. Nice kissy face though.
No comments:
Post a Comment