Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Philippines and Halloween

Finally home after another trip to the Philippines, it was a hell of a long trip. Not sure why it felt so long, but a month was grueling. I didn't go out much considering I've been before. But I did go out and get a giant Margarita with a few other guys from the Battalion. Well, I actually didn't get the giant glass, but I got a pitcher. Which was the same size. I made a pretty valiant effort but I didn't finish. I'm sure the next day would have been far worse if I had.


My pitcher of Margarita. It took about 7 shakers to fill. There were so many people shaking drinks they were having to hand out shakers to customers at the bar.

I swear that most of that was ice. I did finish a lot.

Here is walking street, pretty much the Philippines version of Bourbon street, but with more depressing poverty and possibly slavery.

Typhoon damage. I have no idea how I slept through this.

These giant mimosa trees are enormous, very pretty in the summer when they bloom. Sad to see them laid low.

Halloween party! Terra liked the giant pumpkin.

Terra trying her hand at bobbing for apples. She kept going for the stems, but didn't have much luck.

Time for Dad to get in there. Yes that is a stylish yellow duckie feetie pajamas I am wearing. Not pictured: My Pooh bear hat.

They had people passing out candy from their cars, doing "Trunk or Treat" which was great since I was worried Terra wouldn't get a chance to go trick or treat this year.

She was a polite little girl, and only took like one or two pieces of candy per car. 

Electronic drums were a huge hit.

She went back several times.

These two had awesome Ren-Faire costumes.

These are obviously not good doctors.

Face full of BBQ, can't say no to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment