Tuesday, October 15, 2013

FINALLY!

I think it finally happened! Fall has come to Okinawa! It comes so quickly; one week it will be upper 90's with heat index even higher, the next week it will be upper 80's, and then finally 70's. Its such a drastic change from summer that even though it's 74 I feel like I want a jacket. I don't know where the humidity goes but compared to summer months the fall and winter months are much drier, also making it feel colder here. I am SO excited!
During the summer months we keep our thick dark curtains closed at all times to keep the sun out. Since our house is SO poorly insulated and drafts are everywhere the small wall mounted AC units have a very hard time keeping up. Keeping the sun out helps manage the temp a little bit. Now that it is fall the curtains are open wide (in fact I took them off to wash them. Boy, I should have done this last Fall too!) to let the sunlight in. No more bat cave for us.

In other news:
Paul surprised us and came home early! He rang the doorbell on Sunday evening, right before I put Terra to bed. What a great surprise! Monday and Tuesday he had off now he's back to work, but at least he'll be coming home tonight!

Next Tuesday Terra and I will be flying back to Louisiana. I am so excited! My best friend is getting married to a wonderful man. I am so thankful I get to be there to share in their happy day. I am also happy that the State Fair will be in town during our short trip, I haven't been since I was a teenager. Terra is also looking forward to going to "Super Silly Fun Land."

After just over a week in Louisiana the two of us fly back here, about two weeks later the three of us are off to Taiwan. I'm really looking forward to that trip. New cultures and adventures are always a wonderful experience.

We plan on spending Christmas here, it will be our first one on Okinawa. We're going to decorate our house as much as we can. Paper chains, snowflakes, lights, ornaments! Hopefully we can find a spot for a tree. All the classic Christmas movies, cookies for Santa, and I'm saving up toilet paper rolls so maybe we can make some poppers! Oh, maybe we can make a Christmas pudding. Wassail, Drink Ale!

No comments:

Post a Comment