On the flip side of that, the culture and people were mostly friendly, some of the shop keepers put on an angry face if I tried to bargain too low but you know that they won't sell you anything at a loss to themselves. Picked up some great souvenirs which I am not sure what I am going to do with.
I honestly wish that I had more time on my own, I would have loved to see the temples and such. We worked all day and at night it would have been hard to visit anything really cultural. One thing that was saddening was that the city was so polluted that you could not see any of the mountains nearby through the haze. The ones that we could see were what the locals called "foothills" to the real thing right behind them. Foot hills being only around 1200 meters, compared to the average of 5000 meters (almost 9000 for everest itself).
On the way to the Embassy
More shots on the way
Traffic here was.. literal insanity. We thought we would die every single day we were in a vehicle.
A walking street in the Tamel district (bars and shopping)
My team at a Tapas bar that was playing killer music (Simon&Garfunkle, Neil Young, etc)
We apparently had to get a hookah. Don't worry it was banana flavored tobacco. We abandoned the hose about halfway in because it had a hole.
Haven't smoked in several months, it was a fun time but not something I plan on doing again.
From the top of the Embassy.
No comments:
Post a Comment