Just like the title suggests we have three weeks (+/-) and counting until Paul comes home. Needless to say we are all excited for his return. Time has gone by fast and I think it is only because of Terra. During previous deployments when Terra was not born time did not go as fast even while I was working full time or going to school. There's always an adjustment period before and after deployments. It's hard to share responsibilities and parenting duties when I have gotten so used to running the show. To be honest I am looking for a break. I was joking when I told Paul that I was going away as soon as he got home. His reply "Good. Terra and I will have lots of fun. When you come home you will find the house as one giant blanket/pillow fort while Terra and I are running around painted like the indigenous people of Hyrule." I think I'll settle for a day at a spa and a night alone in a hotel room with a good bottle of wine or scotch, maybe near the beach so I can hear the ocean. Not swim in it or be in the sun. The water here is too cold and I am so sick of the sun but I'd like to hear the ocean at least.
I am looking forward to more camping trips when he gets back. Getting out in nature really gives us peace. Escape to the mountains. Retreats like that are necessary for one to stay sane. I only remember two camping trips last year. One we took our hammocks and the other we used our tent. Sleeping in a hammock is very interesting and almost uncomfortable. I was up all night because Terra was having a hard time too, it was our first time using the hammocks. The tent camping trip did not go so well. The ground was slanted and we did not bring comfortable enough sleeping arrangements. Meaning we did not bring an air mattress only our sleeping bags and thin mats to lay them on. Learned the hard way that air mattresses are vital. We only stayed one night that trip. I wouldn't mind camping up in Joshua Tree but I'm sure by the time Paul get's back he won't want to see desert for a long time.
Let's see, upcoming events...At the end of April Terra's school choir will be singing at a Padres (major league baseball) game. We went last year to see the game and had lot of fun so we're going again this year. Spring Break is coming up last week of March. That week will go by very slow but it'll give Terra and I a chance to get ready for the Homecoming! Well, I guess that's all I can think of in the foreseeable future. What can I say? Right now our life is just getting through each day until we can be whole again.
P.S. Happy Birthday Paul!!
great picture of you two!!! thanks for the update
ReplyDelete