Today is Terra's last day of Spring Break. It has been so nice to have a short break from school but I'm sure by now Terra is ready to go back. Only two more months until school is out! We can make it. We can make it.
So let's see, on Spring Break we went to Balboa Park with the Huffs. Terra's BFF Maggie, her brother Benjamin, and their Mom Cindy came with us. I'm grateful that Cindy drove, not sure I would have found it so successfully. We have to go again when Paul is in town. The Park is enormous with many museums on the property. Along with this amazing promenade with old Spanish architecture and beautiful gardens. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy taking in the sites myself. Next trip I'll have to remember. I actually didn't take too many pictures inside the one museum that we went to, kid wrangling still soaks up so much of one's time even with a 5 year old.
Today we went to Safari Park. Pretty darn cool! We took a private tour of their Asian Savanna Exhibit, walked through a Butterfly House(one huge butterfly landed on Terra's chest as soon as we entered), pet some of the fattest goats I've ever seen, saw three tigers and one female lion, two different breeds of Rhinos, some type of Siberian Horse (doubt they like the heat of San Diego county) and countless other exhibits. Really fun day. Exhausting but fun.
This week Terra also learned to ride her bike with no training wheels!
What I'm looking forward to most is picking up Paul on the 8th! After that we will enjoy some good ole fashion camping in the mountains. Escape the heat and enjoy the company of everyone else from the Fellowship that will attend.
No comments:
Post a Comment