Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Saturday!

This morning Terra and I both woke up in a good mood. Makes the whole day pretty great when it's started off on the right side of the bed. There's not too much going on really, typical weekend cleaning but today I threw in some baking too. Terra has been asking for Banana Bread, can't deny her that! I made Banana Crumble Muffins instead of a loaf, they didn't turn out as wonderful as the reviews raved. Oh well. Spread anything with Nutella and it's amazing.

Later I'm going to make make some bread. I just have to wait for the maintenance man to come and see why we don't have any hot water. The electronic box that is located in the stairwell controls the hot water, the screen is blank. No matter what button I push, I can't seem to get it to turn on. It's not like I actually know which button is the "power" button, it's all in Kanji. In the past whenever we had to change the temperature or mess with the box at all, we got lucky and pushed the correct buttons. We still have kerosene outside in the tank so that's not the issue. Hopefully it's a quick fix because I've got bread to make (the recipe calls for warm water...DOH! I can heat some up on the stove!) and dishes to wash.

Last night we were watching Kiki's Delivery Service and Terra comes up to me "I want a hair cut. I don't want long hair anymore." She decided about 6+ months ago that she wanted long hair like Rapunzel. Good thing for us Paul's clipper set came with a nice pair of sharp scissors! I think it's adorable however one day I would like to see Terra with long hair.

Paul should be home from Korea soon, in about three days I think. I'm going to bake him a belated birthday chocolate cake with a layer of caramel in between the layers. Frosted with Cream Cheese frosting. I hope it turns out, unlike the muffins.

We have 84 days until we move! We finally received our plane ticket information and we're going to be flying out on June 14th. Crossing fingers that there are no Typhoons to impede our great exodus! I've been on a mission to use up all our pantry items, that's why I've been baking so much lately. See when people PCS off island they pass on their unused pantry items, cleaning supplies, alcohol, and pretty much anything they can't bring back or have room for. Co-workers and friends of course help out but then are stuck with more items they know what to do with. We STILL have some cleaning supplies left over from when my friend left two YEARS ago. Back in January I accumulated more pantry items from another friend that moved. Since we really don't have anyone to pawn our left over items on I'm trying to use them all up as best I can. Sure Paul can bring what's left over to his work, single Marines are notorious for accepting anything they don't have to spend their measly paychecks on. I'm sure we'll have some laundry detergent and some non-perishables to donate to their cause. In the meantime it's kind of fun to see how long before you can go to the grocery store.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just stumbled across the saved link to your blog and wondered if you were still updating it, and sure enough! Can't believe how 3 years have flown by, it's nice to read you are in prep to move back. Comically enough, I will be in San Diego at the ESRI International Conference the week of July 14th. If ya'll are settled in and ready for dinner out, I sure would like to drive out and visit you one night. Love and Miss you! Jenn

    ReplyDelete